Product Management for Founders & Entrepreneurs
As founder or entrepreneur you might not call yourself product manager, but you are constantly working on your product or service, defining the product culture of your organization, dealing with stakeholders like investors and maybe even quickly scaling your team.
At times, you might feel like you are become a bottleneck for your business. Or you have to outsource your product development to external agencies and things are not developing the way you expected them to.
In any case, if this is your first venture (and even after that), chances are that you might face many challenges regarding finding product-market fit, prioritizing your next steps, developing a strategy, keeping your team productive while growing your company and many more.
This course is touching on many relevant areas of building a successful product organization. It is offering hands-on advice on how to set your team up for success, how to avoid pitfalls in product management and how to adapt your leadership style in a scaling start-up.
*Who is it for?*
Entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and founders of for-profit or non-profit organizations.
– how to work with hypothesis in different stages of product management
– choosing the right product organization for your company
– advice on how to keep a high pace even when growing your company
– what makes a customer-centric and learning organization
– tips on how to recruit and develop a product team for your organization
– success factors for working with external agencies
– common pitfalls and how to avoid them
*What we will achieve*
– practice and discuss how to develop and validate hypothesis
– look at different phases, skills and roles in product management
– reflect on what product management looks like in your company and where it is headed
– discuss and compare different types of organizational structure
– openly discuss potential pitfalls, how to spot and how to deal with them in order to keep your pace high
– self-assessment on a skills map
– stating hypothesis for your business
– feedback on your most pressing issues in product management
All participants will receive a Product Academy Certificate for this course.
The workshop includes a coffee break with snacks and a sandwich lunch.
As soon as there’s one participant enrolled who is not speaking German, the entire workshop will be held in English. All the slides and materials are in English anyway.
Founder of Product Academy (Bern)
Tanja is founder of the Product Academy as well as an experienced product leader and entrepreneur. She has helped build and scale several start-ups in Madrid, Munich and Zurich and enjoys coaching start-ups and product teams. She is also co-organizer of the Product Tanks in Zurich and Bern and leading the Swiss chapter of Women in Product.
Veranstalter: Product Academy
Product Academy is empowering product people in Switzerland with hands-on workshops, team events and coaching by international product leaders.
Sign up here
Ticketpreis Nicht-Member: Fr. 390
Ticketpreis Member: Fr. 350