Unlocking synergies: Towards a Circular Switzerland
Unlocking Synergies: How can Switzerland become a Circular Economy Pioneer?
Quoting outdoor company Patagonia : There is no business on a dead planet.
In recent years, various circular economy projects have been launched in Switzerland. A wide range of private companies and public organisations are dedicated to the goal of making the Swiss economy more sustainable through circularity thanks to creative approaches and innovative initiatives.
In this webinar „Unlocking Synergies – How can Switzerland become a Circular Economy pioneer“ we want to discuss with national and international players firstly, where Switzerland stands with regard to circular economy and secondly, what concrete approaches and collaborations are necessary to promote a real transition to a circular economy within the planetary boundaries.
The webinar is organized in collaboration between „One Planet Lab“ and the „Circular Economy Transition“ initiative. It will take place in the framework of the annual Impact Hub Zurich Conference „Open Hub Day“ (online) and will bring together more than 250 digital participants.
Goal of the session
- Explore the potential for Switzerland to pivot to Circular Economy (CE) follower to a pioneer through value chain collaborations
- Inform, inspire, and incite companies, circular economy champions and political interest groups to become more circular/active!
- Provide thought leadership and learn from examples beyond Switzerland
About the speakers
- Kirsten Dunlop, CEO of Climate KIC
- Mathis Wackernagel, Founder and President of Global footprint network
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation – Simon Widmer, Design Network and Creative Lead (Speaker)
- Spatial Foresight / European Economic and Social Committee – Frank Holstein, Spatial Foresight
- WWF Switzerland – Patricia Matzdorf, Senior Partnership and Project Manager, Innovation and socio-economic Change(Moderator)
- Circular Economy Transition & sanu durabilitas – Nils Moussu, Program lead Circular Economy
About the organisers:
Circular Economy Transition is a pioneer initiative that aims at accelerating the transition of Switzerland to a Circular Economy. It currently takes place in 5 Swiss cities – Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, and Zurich.
In close collaboration with Impact Hub Switzerland, sanu durabilitas and with the support of the MAVA foundation, this initiative will contribute to drive the new paradigm for the future of business, policy making and society through 4 main approaches:
- Circular Economy Incubator
- Circular Business Lab
- Circular policy recommendations
- Circular Ecosystem building